Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blushing Bride in Blushing Pink

My sister (who has her own wonderful blog, The Twiggy) is a freshman in college who is nowhere near ready to be thinking about marriage. However, this fact does not stop me for a second from planning her perfect wedding.

And it's a good thing we're starting now, because with all of the fabulous elements I see as "her," it could take me a while to make them into one cohesive event.


I am seeing; a cluttered Malibu plant nursery, teacups. chalkboards, carnival/state fair, Marie Antoinette, balloons, vintage, 50's prom, coffee, cupcakes, cotton candy, popcorn, gingham, bow ties, vintage silk flowers, peonies, ribbons, Breakfast at Tiffany's, colorful soda pop, FABULOUS! As you can see, I've got a long way to go.


This dress may be the first step in the right direction... Not that I am too keen on the idea of my precious little sister wearing anything other than white (or ivory), but this style dress in one of those "pure" shades would be just perfect.

[ dress via etsy ]

Maybe if she had this dress in white we could add a funky colored petticoat underneath...

[ pink petticoat via Ruffled ]

No comments:

Post a Comment