Friday, July 30, 2010

Great Outdoors Wedding

I am blessed with having a number of friends who will be aisle bound sometime in the near future. Although this luck only helps to fuel my wedding obsession, it also gives it purpose.

When I think of one of these brides in particular, I think outdoors, mountains, hiking trails and nature. A student in Colorado, she has that no makeup, no frills look that only helps to enhance the fact that she should be in J. Crew catalogs.

Needless to say, I feel that no matter where her event takes place, it should be reminiscent of the beauty and fun of those Colorado mountains. Let the inspiration begin...

To begin, I am loving this unique seating chart idea; the couple named each table for a particular outdoor adventure on which they embarked on together and labeled them with a polaroid from each location.


Combine their seating chart with their adorable granola favors, and you've got a little taste of the great outdoors.

[ outdoor inspired wedding via green wedding shoes ]

For colors, I see a palette inspired by nature, of course, with browns, many shades of green and purple....

[ wreath image via style me pretty ]


[ purple and green flower image via santa barbara wedding chic ]

And maybe just a touch of robins egg blue.

[ purple, green and touch of robins egg blue image via santa barbara wedding chic ]

[ image via elizabeth anne designs ]


[ purple and green tablescape via ruffled ]

[ bride and groom images via 100 layer cake ]






1 comment:

  1. I love it!! :) Thanks for thinking of me!! Can't wait for you to see how everything comes together!!

    ReplyDelete