Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fighting Fall - Spiced Applesauce Cake

It's that feeling you can't quite shake. Although the thermostat is still lingering dangerously close to 90 degrees, our minds are distracted by thoughts of fall.

Our bodies say summer shorts, flip flops, white, but our brain is saying boots, deep hues, cozy. And, although an ice cold glass of lemonade seems warranted, slowly, in the back of your mind, the idea of apple cider and hot chocolate is creeping in.

[ spiced applesauce cake image via valley and co.

When I saw this lovely rustic cake, I was instantly struck with images of pumpkins, crisp autumn mornings, caramel apples, falling leaves and the smell of cinammon.

Like I said, you can't fight that fall feeling. So I think, very soon, I will have to embrace it with this cake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment