Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bedtime

[ victoria's secret night shirt; j. crew thigh high socks ]
When I was a little girl, my sister and I would be carried to bed by our dad, read a bedtime story by our mom (Berenstain Bears anyone?) and then recite our bedtime prayer. It went a little something like this...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I prayer the Lord my soul to keep,
God bless Mommy and Daddy,
And Ajenda and Bianca,
And Grandmas and Papas and Aunts and Uncles,
And all the people in the world (note: we liked to cover our bases)
In Jesus name we pray, Each and everyday.
Amen, Yay!

In the hub's and my home (ahem, apartment), bedtime is still one of the best times of the day (don't make it dirty). After a long day of work, there is nothing better than curling up, cozy style, and resting our tired eyes.

Here are a few facts about our bedtime habits:

1. The engineer is NOT a night person. His bedtime comes earlier and much more abruptly than mine (even as I type this, it is 10:33 p.m. and the man is fast asleep). I, on the other hand, tend to keep later hours.

2. Despite our conflicting sleep schedules, we always kiss goodnight, wish each other sweet dreams and usually say a prayer together.

3. We are not big snugglers... we like our space. Instead we sleep with our backs touching and sometimes our feet intertwined.

4. The above images are an accurate representation of me before bed... only I wear no make up, have my hair piled on top of my head held by a brown scrunchie and my face is dotted with white acne medication... sexy.

5. I, at the age of 25, still sleep with my baby blankie.

That's us! What are your bedtime habits?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, my sister and I would say the same exact prayer!! Or that's how I always remembered mine.. haha we literally would always say "grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, and all the people in the world." That's so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did we not know this about eachother??? Haha!

    ReplyDelete