Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The High {school} Life

For some, high school will be remembered as the glory days. For me, not so much. Now don't get me wrong, high school was great and I am proud to be a Duncan Demon (oh yeah)... but would I go back? Heck no.

No, I never thought I would have the urge to walk the halls of a high school again... until I took a visit to The Flats-324. This apartment complex, converted from the historic Wichita High School, begs the question, "Why in the world am I not living here?"

When walking the halls I was struck by the school bell and classroom doors. I half expected to hear the clang of lockers being slammed. Instead, I heard the clomp of high heels down the industrial stairways and was greeted by framed pictures of hollywood icons like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe lining the walls.

With trendy urban-living encased in the bricks of the early 1900's, these stylish flats inspire a "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" kind of moment.

If you're not familiar with these apartments, check it out. If you are... Why didn't you tell me? (Insert disappointed sigh here).

No comments:

Post a Comment