Thursday, July 7, 2011

evolution of a breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And usually, I skip it.

But this morning we had this little darling and her mommy and daddy here. They had spent the night and were rushing back out the door to continue the long summer road trip ahead of them. In honor of their early morning departure, I made waffles. After I watched them drive away into the sunrise, I had every intention of continuing on with my normal morning routine, sans breakfast. But then...

The smell of crisp waffles, the sight of sticky syrup, and the thought of butter melting slowly into the waffle's browned crevices lulled me from my productive morning into a state of breakfast delight.

Breakfast, I love the way you say good morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment