Friday, August 12, 2011

you should make this

You should make this Shaved Asparagus Pizza. Like tonight.

Why? Because it will make your husband look at you like you are a domestic goddess. And as I've stated, I am not.

I know what you must be thinking, how could a mere pizza earn such admiration from one's husband?

Perhaps it is in the gooey mozzarella or the strong taste of parmesan. Maybe it's the beautiful, green ribbons of asparagus, tender to the bite. It could be the smell of warm, yeasty dough browning and crisping in the oven. But most likely it is simply in the pure deliciousness of a pizza that tastes light and fresh, yet filling.

Of course that look could have been brought on by my husbands low expectations for my cooking skills... sheer surprise that a meal was made without being burnt black or tasteless.

Hmmm, no, I'm pretty sure it was the deliciousness.

2 comments:

  1. How funny, we had shaved asparagus pizza last night! I use this recipe from Pink Parsley, but I have to admit I cheat on the crust - you can buy an uncooked Il Vicino crust for about $2, so I take that easy way out. Such a fresh summer dinner!!
    http://www.pink-parsley.com/2011/04/shaved-asparagus-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cheat on the crust sometimes too ;)

    ReplyDelete