Friday, September 23, 2011

NYC day five: in the end

In the end, day five was bittersweet.

Sweetened by the yummy bagels, the Sex and the City front stoop and a random piano...

Bitter as my day ended at LaGuardia.

As I lugged my carry-on into my airport bound taxi cab, I could begin to feel the tears threatening to fall. Another bittersweet moment. Sweet because I knew I was coming home to the engineer, bitter because I was leaving NYC best friend.

As the cab pulled away from the curb, I could see her walking back to her apartment, surrounded by her new world, so foreign to me.

Not even a block into my drive I was crying without embarrassment or restraint.

I figure the New York City taxi cab driver has seen worse.

New York City Day Five. The End.

{ 1. bagels from russ & daughters; 2. NYU; 3. washington square park; 4. west village; 5. carrie bradshaw's apartment; 6. soho }

2 comments:

  1. Omg! I just squealed with excitement!! Carrie's apartment is on my list of stuff to see. Paris street?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know I was way too excited. NYC best fried said it was Perry street...

    ReplyDelete