Thursday, October 13, 2011

apple crisp

The first thing that hits you when you open the oven door is the waft of heat, then, the overwhelmingly wonderful scent of fall, and home, and my mom's kitchen.

I can't explain how I was feeling today... just, off. That's it. I was feeling off when my mom suggested I make some Apple Crisp. Over the phone I could hear her take a quick assessment of her library of cookbooks, flip to page 60 of the correct one, and share the secrets behind a successful Apple Crisp {add a lot of cinnamon, not just what it calls for, sprinkle it all over the apples too}. I was in business.

Now it feels a little bit more like fall in our house. And that just feels right.

1 comment:

  1. I like how the misspelled word cream is scribbled out. I usually don't like mistakes, and I would have started over - but it works here. Of course.

    PS - there is a crock pot recipe for a baked cinnamon apple concoction. I'll try it and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete