Thursday, October 6, 2011

eggplant beginner

I recently read that eggplant is a super food (read... heard on a morning talk show... same thing). I don't really know what that means, but I am almost certain it means if I eat it I will have super human strength. Yep, the very important doctor on the show definitely said eggplant and grapefruit will turn you into a super hero.

As with all cooking, my knowledge is minimal. When it comes to eggplant {which I had never even tasted before this venture}, I am clueless. So when I spotted this recipe for Spicy Baked Eggplant on Sterling Style, I thought it might be the perfect recipe to take me from eggplant clueless to eggplant... beginner.

This recipe was described as a good substitute for a bag of chips. Although baked eggplant won't be competing with a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos {or my personal favorite, Flaming Hot Cheetos} anytime soon, this eggplant snack is definitely delicious. Plus, it will give you x-ray vision...

* I followed this recipe, but instead of using "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning I used "Spike" which is less spicy and more salty.

2 comments: