Thursday, October 20, 2011

homemade chicken soup {for the soul}

Homemade chicken soup feeds your soul. And it's dang good for it too. How do I know this? Because at one point or another chicken soup has done more for you than just helped to nurse a nasty cold. It has made you feel warm, and taken care of, and like you're home. That is how I know chicken soup feeds your soul.

It is also, conveniently, super easy to make. This recipe, another one of my mother's, is the kind of recipe that would normally send me into a fit of uncomfortable. The kind of recipe where when I say "how many cups?" mom says, "Oh, I don't know... just as much as you want." Unacceptable mom.

But for some reason, as much rice as I would like and adding carrots for a little color, just feels right with this soup.

So brave souls, fearlessly take this recipe and make it your own! Add as many carrots as you like! Feeling like it could use a little green? Why not throw in some celery! Want to spice things up? That's what ground red pepper is for!

So go forth, courageously take this recipe, and feed your soul.

1 comment:

  1. Can I have some? This looks amazing... and I'm freezing! Seriously, I think I can see my breath in my house, it's that cold.

    ReplyDelete