Friday, October 14, 2011

ode to footloose

Pop culture myth suggests that there are six degrees of separation between any given person and Kevin Bacon. Now, it's not that I don't give mad props to Kevin Bacon and his small town stirring moves, but I am more interested in the degrees of separation between myself and a pair of red cowboy boots. You know the kind. The ones that make my preacher daddy go crazy and boys wanna make out with me in open fields (one particular boy who loves airplanes, of course).

Yes, today the remake of the 1980's classic "Footloose" hits theaters. I am never too optimistic when it comes to remakes of classics, but I at least felt this day deserved a little recognition in the form of a suede fringed vest. Not quite as good as the killer fringed jacket that made Ariel look oh so bad, but it will have to do.

Now if I could just find those red cowboy boots, I'd be ready to hit the parking lot of a drive-in with a boombox and my sweet, sweet dancin' shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm have some red cowboy boots :) I'm sure you're not surprised... you can borrow them sometime if you would like.

    ReplyDelete