Wednesday, November 2, 2011

instincts

My instincts tell me to leave my holiday decorations up long passed the time it logically makes sense to take them down. It is kind of like how stores put out Christmas decorations before Halloween, only the exact opposite.

If I went with my impulse, Halloween decorations would only be taken down to make room for Christmas, Christmas would only depart for Valentine's Day, and so forth.

The engineer's instincts are a bit more punctual. So, in honor of marriage and compromise and learning to live together, I attempt (the key word is attempt) to go against my natural decoration take-down lazy instinct.

Yesterday, I packed away our Halloween decor. Now the house feels kind of empty. How soon until Christmas decorations become socially acceptable?

No comments:

Post a Comment