Thursday, November 17, 2011

pretty in pink

There was just something about him. Maybe it was his volcanic ensembles. A black fedora here, a yellow blazer there, and who could forget his rockabilly hair. Maybe it was his love for juice boxes, his strong lips or his caution when it came to drinking and driving (that's why he rode a bike).

Truth be told, it was none of those things. My love for Duckie Dale most certainly began the moment he slid his way into the record shop of the 80's classic, Pretty in Pink. One passionate lip-synching rendition of Otis Redding's Try a Little Tenderness and I was in love.

My new pink blazer makes me think of Duckie. The way he asked permission to admire Andie in her pink, how he would have died for her, and how, in the book version at least, Andie chooses the best man.

Actor Jon Cryer is best known for his successful gig as Alan Harper in the television series Two and a Half Men, but for me, he will remain now and will always be, a Duckman.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous blazer! I LOVE the color!

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete