Wednesday, November 23, 2011

you probably still have time to make this

The engineer and I did something pretty crazy this evening. Some might call us brave. Heroic even.

We... wait for it... are you sitting down for this? You probably should be sitting down for this.

Here it goes... we went to Wal-Mart. That's right. On Thanksgiving Eve the man and I went where no one should ever have to go, but where apparently everyone and their pet gerbil did go.

Technically, husband only had to brave the parking lot (every great adventurer needs her get-away car).

Yes, for one forgotten item, I braved treacherous lines leading well into the frozen food section, disgruntled employees, and frantic shoppers.

I tell you this not to boast (after all, hubris is the downfall of most heroes), but to assure you that you probably still have time to make this before Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Yes, this moist, delicious Pumpkin Bread can grace your Thanksgiving table too. Because chances are, you already have all the ingredients in your cupboard. All except for one... a can of pumpkin.

But see, if I can face the pre-Thanksgiving grocery store line and make it out alive, so can you.

Yes some might call us brave. Others might just call us stupid.

2 comments:

  1. I had to go out Thanksgiving day because the husband forgot to inform me we were in charge of a casserole for the dinner with his parents. It was a mad house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I know! I can't believe he forgot to tell you that!!!! Hahahaha! If my hubs had done that he would have been more than just my get-away car. You have to brave the lines yourself for that kinda mistake ;)

    ReplyDelete