Friday, December 9, 2011

better than flowers

Some husbands bring home flowers. This is better than flowers.

The engineer returned home from a quick trip to the store with a smile that a mundane errand could never produce. It was a smile that could only be brought on by surprising your wife with a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. His smile revealed that he was aware he had done something truly great.

He swiftly removed his surprise from the plastic bag and presented the box to me like a waiter displaying a fine wine for approval. Approved. In fact, I think I love the box as much as the tree itself. A polk-a-dot, three-sided box displaying the words "it just needs a little love." Don't we all.

True, husband did bring home flowers earlier this week. A beautiful pot of red poinsettias. But I stand by my original statement. A Charlie Brown Christmas tree is better.

  Christmas Time Is Here (vocal) by Charlie Brown Christmas on Grooveshark

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am in love with that Charlie Brown tree!!! I always watch that movie on Thanksgiving... its a good little tree all it needs is some love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!!!! I watch the Charlie Brown Christmas and on Halloween of course I watch the Great Pumpkin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I wish I had a Charlie Brown Christmas tree to love! What a cute hubby you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE what I am seeing on your blog! I can't wait to read more! The design is so different and appealing! New follower!

    http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hubs is pretty dang cute. He was awfully proud of himself ;)

    And Kristal, Thank you so much! You absolutely made my day with your sweet comment. I am so glad you are following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH!
    So cute. I love it!
    Where did he get it? Omgoodness... so wonderful.
    And can I just say- I love your blog- I am officially going to go follow now.
    Merry Christmas!
    Makay
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makay,

    I believe he purchased it at Walgreens. Who knew they were the one stop shop for prescriptions and Charlie Brown Christmas trees?!?

    Also! Thank you for the encouraging words!!!!! I am so glad you are following now! I hope to hear more from you :)

    ReplyDelete