Monday, December 5, 2011

it's not that easy {being green}

It's a lot of pressure, the holiday season. Especially if your an evergreen.

When you are thrust from your natural environment into a home where you are supposed to be the center of attention.

Your branches and needles, so perfectly natural and muted, must now portray sparkle, and glitter, and radiance. It's a tall order for a fraser, or douglas, or a balsam.

But then, sometimes, you get to hold something special. Like an ornament displaying a picture of a boy who loves airplanes, long before he met a certain little white mouse.

Yes, sometimes it's not that easy being green.

And sometimes, the holidays aren't that easy.

But it's those special things, the little moments, that will make it all worth while.

  It Ain´t Easy Being Green by Glee Cast on Grooveshark

2 comments:

  1. I love this! And I agree- being green is not that easy! I think that's why my parents have skipped having a real tree for the past few years! Best of luck being green :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks! I can't give it my real Christmas tree! It just smells like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete