Thursday, February 16, 2012

by morning's light

{ softest sweater leggings ever by poof via t.j. maxx // mocassin slippers via minnetonka }

The engineer jumps out of bed around 6 a.m. Although I am not conscious to witness this phenomenon, I imagine him to look like a basketball player bounding across the court. With one swift leap from bed to mid-bedroom, palming his iPhone, and darting to the kitchen.

He laughs at me in the morning. Still in my sleep, like a magnet I instantly move to fill his abandoned side of the bed. Claiming his pillow as my own and twisting my legs in his still warm sheets.

A little before 7 a.m., he attempts to wake me from my inhuman state. My hair in knots and eyes half shut, I groan in pain as he slings back my down comforter. I reach out in protest, if only I could get that comforter back, then I would not have to face the inevitable... it is morning.

P.S. These are the clearest pictures you will get of me before 8 a.m. It's for your own good. Promise.

12 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful writer! I love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! You are too sweet.

      Delete
  2. I 100% understand you. I'm not a morning person either. And I think I have the same cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cardigan is my go to. With an outfit and for lounging.

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your blog, your blurry pics (that's okay, 8am is no good for me either!), and those leggings. I am trying to figure out when I can get to my nearest TJ Maxx to get some for amazing house lounging : )

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my blog! And as for the sweater leggings, they are so soft! I may be wearing them again right now...

      Delete
  4. I am loving your blog! Aren't Minnetonka moccasins the comfiest shoes ever?! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the blog love! That makes my day!

      I have three pairs of the Minnetonka moccasins and only one pair of the slippers, but I think that'll have to change soon...

      Delete
  5. Love the yellow! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit. It looks comfortable! Yellow looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok... It's official. I'm wearing more of this yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the yellow! ... and I hate waking up early! If only we could sleep in every day...

    xoxo
    Taylor

    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete