Wednesday, March 7, 2012

big fat pancakes {sunday brunch}

The tattered cookbook is held together by a rubber band. My mother purchased it at a garage sale many years ago during a quest for the perfect biscuit recipe. Sunday Breakfast: A Cookbook for Men contained that very recipe. Since that time, my mother's biscuits have been the main reason for this cookbook's existence in her home. That is until recently.

Not so long ago, my mother attempted another recipe from this book, "Pop's Super Colossal Popover." Better known in our family as "Big Fat Pancake." A much more refined name, if you ask me.

Who would have guessed that so much deliciousness could come from just four ingredients? Four ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen right... now...

Of course those four ingredients don't count those extra toppings that arguably are the key to the entire dish; generous scoops of jam, a spritz of lemon, and a dusting of powdered sugar.

Mom says it is the lemon that makes the Big Fat Pancakes so good.

I say she is what makes them so good.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, they look like giant jam tarts.. I want! Yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! You're making me hungry now! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that...right now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish I could be invited to this sunday brunch. It looks scrumptious! kind of like a hootenanny (german pancake). Cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies! You have know idea how much I love hearing from you. You also have know idea how amazing these pancakes are... make them... make them right now!

    ReplyDelete