Tuesday, March 6, 2012

a younger man

{ gold long cardigan via forever 21 // white tank via forever 21 // sailor jean similar here // earrings similar here // hibiscus lipstick via mac surf girl collection }

The other day while in the market, I was approached by a gentleman of about 8 years old. 

He nonchalantly struck up a conversation with me about pistachios. I complimented him on his haircut. He said it was new, but he wasn't quite sure how he felt about it yet. You see, everyone kept mistaking it for a mohawk when it so clearly was not.

I told him he was quite mature for his age. He nodded his headed in knowing agreement.

He was in the middle of describing his favorite book when his mother approached. 

"Are you flirting?" she asked.

"Yes," he replied, with a confidence far beyond his years.

I laughed aloud and told him he wasn't supposed to admit to it. He simply shrugged and grinned.

I do hope the engineer doesn't mind all this attention I am getting from a younger man. 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute story! ha! Love it. your jeans are amazing- great style. Have an awesome day! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My pair is ancient, but still fabulous ;) The pair I linked are soooo similar though

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and I love, love it! This story in particular really made me chuckle, and your photographs are all lovely!

    Mona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah, thank you Mona :) I'm so glad you like!!!!

      Delete