Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a denim affair

jeans1
jeans3
jeans5
{bdg groupie flare jean via urban outfitters}

Has there ever been a more torrid love affair than the one between a woman and her jeans?

The illusive pursuit for the perfect pair, followed by the angry pile of disappointments on the dressing room floor. The ecstasy when you have finally found the ones and that depression the first time they fail you.

My own denim romance began in junior high school.  There were two pairs of jeans in my life. They were vintage bell bottoms. No one seemed to appreciate them the way that I did.

Since that time there have been many other pairs, but none have inspired the passion I feel for these high-waisted, flared jeans. For us, it's all very exciting... clandestine closet meetings and afternoon romps in the city. 

I can't imagine being wrapped in the sweet caress of any other denim.

8 comments:

  1. You wear those highwaisted flares so well...perfectly bohemian chic!
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! Bohemian chic could be my new style definition :) Well said!

      Delete
  2. Highwaisted + flair?! My short stumpy legs cannot do the same, but I understand your love of denim. Dark skinny jeans have been my love for as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could make em work! But I understand... I love my skinnies too!

      Delete
  3. I love this. I feel like I'm back in 7th grade lusting over my D*elias catalog. Those look awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Delias.... hahaha! Love it ;)

      Delete
  4. I hardly wear jeans anymore because I can never seem to find the right pair. I did have a favorite back in freshman year of high school...now I loved those jeans. So glad I came across your blog, it's simply lovely and I adore your blog header, the mouse is too cute...new follower.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey new follower ;) Thanks for all the sweet words. You will never know how much they mean to me!

      Delete