Wednesday, May 2, 2012

english muffin pizza

DSC08409
DSC08412
DSC08416
DSC08411
DSC08413
DSC08422
Anytime the engineer requests a dinner from my short list of go-to recipes, you can probably assume that I've come across something pretty good.

My mom made these for me when I was a little girl ('little' being the 6-26 age range, of course) and I must say, they grow up quite nicely. Wouldn't they even be lovely for a casual gathering with friends? I think so.

Super Simple English Muffin Pizzas
English Muffins (These are multi-grain, but sourdough are good too. It's really up to you!)
Pizza Sauce (Yep, right out of the jar.)
Shredded Cheese (We use mozzarella.)
Toppings (Spinach, fresh basil. feta, mushrooms, olives... the possibilities are endless...)

Pour pizza sauce into a bowl or saucepan and heat in microwave or on stove top. While that is heating, part your english muffins and arrange them on a cookie sheet insides up. Spread now warm pizza sauce onto english muffin. Next, sprinkle with cheese and add desired toppings. Set to broil and place pizzas in the oven. Watch these because they will cook fast. In just a few minutes, the cheese should be bubbling and getting a little brown in places. EAT!

I told you right there in the name... soooo simple.

8 comments:

  1. This looks delish! I'm going to have to try this real soon!

    There's a mexican version of this called Molletes, maybe I'll blog about that version and link to yours too!

    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so fabulous! A Mexican versions sounds yummy!

      Delete
  2. These look mouthwatering. I love pizza in all forms and these cute little bite size ones are perfect. They would be fun to have at a gathering with friends...everyone loves pizza right?

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHKAYY these look to die for! i love english muffins so this looks perfect for me!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come highly recommended ;)

      Delete
  4. genius!! these look delicious! great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite delicious! And thank for the compliment on my photos... that from you is like the best compliment ever! Haha! Your pictures are always inspiring :)

      Delete