Wednesday, May 16, 2012

there was mail

DSC08630
DSC08633
DSC08636
DSC08637
DSC08638
DSC08639
DSC08640
DSC08642
DSC08643
DSC08645
DSC08646
DSC08648
Remember mail? 

I snatched these vintage notecards from a garage sale. It was the kind of garage sale that just smelled like greatness. 

Stacks of lovely old tablecloths and embroidered handkerchiefs lined card-tables. Each one, perfectly pressed with hardly a spot, because that's how she kept them. 

Little glass trinkets all in rows and mason jars that probably held a blue ribbon worthy jam or jelly or pickle. 

Stacks and stacks of stationary. And these notecards. Even the boxes are pure charm. Delicate grown-up handwriting is sprawled across the cardboard top. Reminders of loved ones who need reaching out to.

Just a lovely little reminder that before email addresses reigned and Facebook became supreme... there was mail.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE stationery and real mail. My mom always taught us that a handwritten thank you note is appreciated more than we'll ever understand. I will definitely teach my future children the same. Beautiful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love them too... sigh. Now I just need to use them!

    ReplyDelete