Wednesday, June 20, 2012

and then there were three

DSC08906 DSC08898 DSC08899 DSC08901 DSC08907 DSC08908 DSC08910 DSC08911 DSC08913
I was rushing out the door last night, when I saw the engineer eyeing the bag of peaches I had bought at the farmer's market a couple of hours earlier.

"How do you cut a peach?" he asked. An innocent enough question.

In my hurry, I decided to only inwardly roll my eyes. Hiding my true "silly husband" thoughts, I did the loving wife thing and gave him a quick lesson on the anatomy of a peach.

It went a little something like this... "Watch out for the pit." And then I was off. By the time I returned, all peach related discussion had ceased.

It was not until this morning that two things became apparent to me.

Number one, of the seven or eight peaches that I had purchased, only three were left. This either meant that the peaches were delicious or that in an effort to cut said peaches, the engineer had inadvertently smashed one after another into a juicy mush-like state.

The second item that became apparent to me was that I too have absolutely no idea how to effectively cut a peach.

13 comments:

  1. No cutting - just eat like an apple :)

    And make sure to have a paper towel handy, especially if they're good peaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know... but the juice! It's a mess...

      Delete
    2. I just picked up a pair of chairs, exactly like the one in your first picture, at Goodwill! They are wood colored and I'm going to paint them black.

      Delete
    3. Ah! Love it! I rarely by anything "new" so who knows were I got that one... haha

      Delete
  2. For some reason this post made me smile.. maybe because I love peaches. Or maybe because I really have no clue how to cut them, either. xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'm so glad it made you smile :)

      Luckily it looks like Gracie filled us both in the comment down below!

      Delete
  3. hahah love that your hubs asked you -oh, and now i'm craving peaches. uh oh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, peaches. My favorite fruit. EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa and Nuha,

      Glad we could share in our peach love!

      Delete
  5. hold peach in left hand. hold knife (serrated) in right hand. slice along the "seam" of the peach, straight down until you hit the pit. using left hand, rotate peach and continue to slice all the way until you are back at your original slice. place knife down on counter. hold peach with both hands - one hand on each half, gently twist. one half should come off without pit. slice. remove pit from other half. slice. voila! enjoy!

    www.gracie-and-davey@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gracie! You are a peach expert :)

      Delete
  6. Haha, I really enjoyed reading your post!
    Love your writing (: and those pictures....made my mouth WATER. Mmm.

    Following you!
    -Alynne
    http://www.designedtoloveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love fruits, especially this one :P


    have a nice day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete