Monday, July 2, 2012

et tu summer?

summer essentials geranium
lime glasses fourth
flipflops path
Et tu summer?

You are supposed to be my favorite time of the year. The time of year when life stands still a little bit, when the days seem long, and the possibilities endless. 

Instead, you have joined in with adulthood and 100 degree days to stab me in the back. You've made me feel stressed, unmotivated and a little like giving up.

That's it summer. I will not be overthrown. I will reclaim my right to bliss.

I declare, that this summer I will...

1. Eat snow cones often.
2. Read books... real ones.
3. Visit Farmers' Markets.
4. Play in the ocean.
5. Attend an outdoor movie.
6. Paint my fingernails and toenails bright colors.
7. Visit this berry farm.
8. Make s'mores.
9. Buy a Panama Hat.
10. Hang pictures in our home (one year and I haven't hung one).
11. Plan something special for our 3 year wedding anniversary.
12. Be really, really happy...

What am I missing to take back my summer?

2 comments:

  1. sun tea. you definitely need to make some sun tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is sun tea??? I don't even know what it is and I think you're right! It just sooooouuuuunds like summer. Researching now.

      Delete