Wednesday, June 5, 2013

when life gives you a bag of apples...

Apple Cake
Apple Cake
Apple Cake
Apple Cake
Apple Cake
Apple Cake 

Remarkable.

Absolutely remarkable how I can look at a perfectly healthy bag full of apples and think to myself, "Let's add butter... and maybe some brown sugar.... bathing suit weather? What's that?"

I blame Pinterest.

And the engineer. Ok, I guess he can't be blamed for the initial thought. Again, that's all on Pinterest. But he is to blame for leaving the whole cake for me to eat. Dang him and his healthy ways.

It is remarkable how we are the only two people in the house, he doesn't touch even one piece of the buttery, brown sugary, apple cake, and somehow, SOMEHOW, the whole thing gets eaten.

I blame gremlins. Apple cake eating gremlins. They must be distant cousins to the jalapeño cheese bread eating elves that polish off the entire loaf right after I get back from the farmer's market.

Recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. This post totally made me laugh out loud. It was the apple cake eating gremlins that got me. Thanks for the that and lovely style! :)

    ReplyDelete