Monday, September 9, 2013

kindred spirits

kindred spirits
kindred spirits
tank via forever 21 / bullhead jeans via pacsun / sneakers via sperry top-sider / sunglasses via ray-ban

The tap startled me just as I was about to shift the car from park into reverse. Through my driver side window I saw the source of the noise; a long curved nail painted with a graphic design and something gleaming. Perhaps a rhinestone? It was the kind of nail that made basic tasks like typing or tying a shoe impossible.

I rolled down my window and looked up into the big brown eyes of the fingernail's owner. 

"Excuse me, ma'am..." She spoke with a smile and more than a hint of an apology. Her disarming grin revealed a row of perfectly white teeth interrupted only by a prominently displayed gold tooth.

"I hate to bother you," she said, "but I just have to know... where did you get those pants!?" She annunciated each word of the question like not knowing would cause her physical pain.

I laughed aloud and directed her to her nearest Pacsun.

As I drove away, I felt an unexpected twinge of happiness. 

It was the kind of happiness that comes when you know you just met a kindred spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment